Happy and Not So Happy...

I am happy because I got myself a Sizzix Big Shot... finally!! After a year of consideration. Yup, that long! Mr.Handsome is so funny... he calls the dies "small shot". I wonder where he got the idea of calling the dies like that! LOL!!

All thanks to my talented scrapper-friend, Aida Haron for taking time to walk me through the Sizzix products. She is awesome with Sizzix products and you'll be amazed with her creations.

Me & Aida, she is such a cool and gracious woman :) She is also my BIG source of inspiration to me!! I love all her work ALOT!!

I am happy because I also met Laine's co-owner, Sharon Ong. This lady is full of awesome scrappy ideas and you should check her out. She is just brilliant!!

I am ALWAYS happy meeting my "Singapore family", Chris, Wati and Adam!! As always, whenever we meet besides catching up, we will eat & eat & eat *wink*

Ok, let's talk a little bout the not so happy moments :(

Last Friday, while chatting with my friend, Agnes, I smelled something burning in my scrapbook room but never thought of looking up. I was thinking, probably someone is burning something out there. After I hung up the phone, I heard sparks and something tiny flew down, lo and behold, my ceiling light is on fire. I freaked out and immediately call Agnes again. She was trying to calm me down and asked me get out from the house. I tried calling the guards using the intercom and it didn't work. I called the maintenance guy and next I called Mr.Handsome. He was at work. I told him that the ceiling light is on fire and please call the fire department. I opened the gate and minutes after was I glad to see Agnes and her son, Leo. Leo was fast enough to put out the fire with a portable fire-extinguisher. Phew!! He was my hero!!

It was pretty dramatic, the firemen arrived and took some reports. I thank God that I was unhurt and I have a wonderful neighbor who willingly came to rescue the scrapbook room. Fortunately, my scrapbook supplies are not burned!!

Gosh, this is the only florescent light we are using the most at home and it got burnt. It puzzled us a little cause florescent lights are safe to use for very long hours. Well, it failed us after 3 years of using it.



Every night, we are afraid to sleep. Thinking of what's next cause a ceiling light can cause such effect. It's pretty scary thinking bout it... seriously! Thank goodness I was at home at that very moment or else I will not sit here so soon to blog about it. Glad that is over now. Above all, I thank God for protecting me from this incident! The moral of the story is to have at least one fire-extinguisher at home in case of any fire emergency BUT do pray hard that you do not have to use it at all :) if you got what I mean...

Lastly, I am happy because I am going to Redang Island with my Singapore-family!! Redang Island is one of the top ten beautiful beaches in the world. We are leaving tomorrow morning. All of us need a break after all the stress over the weekend. Will be back to update you with our vacay. Till then, my friends. Have an awesome week!!

Xoxo Jessy

15 comments

Monique said...

Oh Jessy, how awful!! I'm glad you're allright though!!! and luckily your scrappy stuff got saved!! Have a lovely vacation!!

annieambriel said...

First of all, congrats on your purchase of Big Shot :D.. look forward to many of your projects..
Gosh.. that must be a scary experience for a flourescent to catch fire light that geez.. I really got to make lights are always turn off.. thank goodness, you are ok and your craft items are safe..
Redang Island.. I had a gorgeous time there ... you have to go and swimming with the fish.. fanstastic. :D
Have a fabulous holiday by the beach and sun :D

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is scary!! wow!! I am glad U and your home is ok though!!! I hope U have fun on your vacation!!! That beach looks AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Lee said...

Oh gosh!! This is bad and it's scary that you had to go through this! I'm glad to hear that you are unhurt and doing ok! Thank GOD!!

Ejoy your vaca, babe! Please send my regards to Wati :)

Shirl said...

Oh dear...so sorry to hear about the fire incident! Thank goodness there are no serious damages and no one was hurt...

Have lotsa fun in Redang! :)

Helen Tilbury said...

Wow Jessy how terrible that your light caught fire! Sooo scary & I can't imagine what could have happened had your neighbour not come to your rescue or worse still if you had been asleep or something. So sorry about it & thank goodness none of your scrappy work & supplies were destroyed. Really awful & frightening! You must get an electrician to check your DB board & all your wiring & sleep with that extinguisher in your room...I know Aida through Cocoa Daisy & just love her work. Truly beautiful & what a nice person too...You have yourself a very special break at that absolutely gorgeous beach now ;-D

BabyBokChoy said...

SCARY!!! but awesome photos to scrap, no?
have a great time on vacation and I demand that you demo your big shot for us :)
Still loving the new hair do :)

jazsutra said...

Jessie, that's an awful incident but so glad that you and everyone else and also the scraproom is perfectly fine! thanks for the reminder about having a fire extinguisher at home...

and WOW i think you look great with this new hairstyle ;)
hope you enjoy Singapore, your Bigshot and all the shoppings! ,the GSS! enjoy Redang and your time with wati's family ;) more photos to scrap after this ;) teehee ;)
love,jaz

Sharon Corn said...

That is a nasty burn Jessy. Praise God you and your house are safe.

Of all the rooms, it had to be the scraproom right? LOL!

Anyways, have a good vaca in Redang. I'm going next month and its my 5th visit. I absolutely adore that place.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

OMG .... luckily you were not hurt and it was just that light !!!

Redang looks like paradise alright, you will have fun !

sarah said...

i'm headed to malaysia next year, and i can't wait. i believe i'm headed to singapore too... let's meet up! :)

hugs,
sarah.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

OMG>.. how scary! so glad you're okay!

Vanessa said...

OMG! I am so happy that you were there to do something about it! That is terrifying. You could have lost everything and worse...what if you had been asleep...Do you have a smoke detector?

eMeLiNe Seet said...

That was close ! Glad no one was hurt & u have a good time ;)